Is this Certification Right for you?
Demonstrate your strategic international HR leadership with the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International™ (SPHRi™) from HR Certification Institute (HRCI). The SPHRi™ (formerly the Human Resources Management Professional™ or HRMP™), for internationally based HR leaders, validates senior-level HR competency and mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy, policy development and service delivery in a single international setting.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the SPHRi™ you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience*:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- a minimum of seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
* The SPHRi™ requires documented knowledge of local employment laws.
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at one of authorized testing center Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Exam length: 105 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice) + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
How Much Does It Cost?
Exam Fee*: $300 + Application Fee: $100
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam because the access code to the HRBoK cannot be rescinded/de-activated.
To make certification more accessible worldwide, HRCI offers a global allowance for the PHRi/SPHRi exam which provides the exam at a reduced fee. Applicants who live in low-income, lower middle-income, and upper middle-income economies as defined on the World Bank Country and Lending Group list will pay a reduced exam fee of $200 USD/ $300 USD.
When Can You Take the Exam?
Testing for the SPHRi™ is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Do You Remain Certified?
Your SPHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your SPHRi™ credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over a three-year time span. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Business Management & Strategy credits.