Is this Certification Right for You?
Earn international HR acclaim with the Professional in Human Resources - International™ (PHRi™) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The PHRi™ (formerly the Human Resources Business Professional™ or HRBP™), for internationally based practitioners, validates professional-level competency, knowledge and skills to help to propel your HR career forward. With the PHRi™, you demonstrate mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles in a single international setting.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the PHRi™ you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at one of authorized testing center Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Exam length: 145 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice) + 25 pretest questions
How Much Does It Cost?
Exam Fee*: $200 + Application Fee: $100
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam because the access code to the HRBoK cannot be rescinded/de-activated.
*To make certification more accessible worldwide, HRCI offers a global allowance for the PHRi/SPHRi exam which provides the exam at a reduced fee. Applicants who live in low-income, lower middle-income, and upper middle-income economies as defined on the World Bank Country and Lending Group list will pay a reduced exam fee of $200 USD/ $300 USD.
When Can You Take the Exam?
Testing for the PHRi™ is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Do You Remain Certified?
Your PHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your PHRi™ credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam.